26 June 2012

Popayan


The left knee pain began early. I put my head down and turned the pedals and I knew I had to stop riding at Popayan. At least for awhile the touring would be over. I took many breaks but they did little to lessen the dagger turning inside my knee with every pedal stroke. I rode into Popayan basically on my right leg. There were beds at the hostel in the center of the white-washed old city at the Parque de Caldas and I unloaded my bags and sullenly took them up the stairs to the second floor hostel. Where was I coming from on the bike? Where was a going? Everyone had a question. I didn't really want to talk about it. Having until the 6th of July to exit Colombia there would be time to figure things out.




 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © S O U T H